Pearl can help your business utilize this tool to maximize the many benefits—described below—it provides.
- MOSS is an integrated suite of server capabilities designed to improve organizational effectiveness. It offers comprehensive content management and enterprise search, shared business processes, and information-sharing across boundaries. MOSS 2007 simplifies your daily operations by supporting all intranet, extranet, and Web applications across an enterprise within one integrated platform.
- MOSS can be best described by breaking it into its six functions:
- Collaboration: Connect teams and enhance productivity by providing easy access to the people, documents, and information users need to make more well-informed decisions within their jobs.
- Portal: These features are useful for designing, deploying, and managing enterprise intranet portals, corporate Internet presence Web sites, and divisional portal sites.
- Search: MOSS offers enhanced search results relevance, functions to search for people and expertise, ability to index and search data in line-of-business applications, and improved manageability and extensibility.
- Enterprise Content Management: Core document management functionality delivers enhanced authoring, business document processing, Web content management and publishing, records management, policy management, and support for multilingual publishing.
- Forms Driven Business Process: A security-enhanced, client/server platform provides rapid solution creation and deployment, centralizes form management and maintenance, and helps extend business processes to customers, partners, and suppliers.
- Business Intelligence: Employees can share, control, and reuse busniess information in order to make better business decisions. Offers access to published spreadsheets, programmatic reuse of critical data, and easy development of web-based dashboards